Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Weird Dream

Last night I had one of those odd dreams where you don't quite know what time period you are in, or maybe you are somewhere outside of time.

I dreamed I was up at Delhi with Jason but instead of being in a dorm room the room I was in looked more like a summer camp cabin. First I realized we had missed lunch and I was not too concerned about that. I figured we'd go to a local deli (in Delhi..LOL) and pick some sandwiches up.

But then I realized Jason didn't have his suitcases and clothes either. That freaked me out and I called my parents...who have been deceased for years...on my cell phone, and demanded to know why they drove home without taking Jason's stuff out of the car. I wanted them to come back up and bring the suitcases, even though they had just gotten home.

The strange thing about this dream was that I didn't seem to know what era it was, and I seemed to think of myself as Jason's sibling rather than his mother. Sometimes I do wish I were going to college again, living on campus at law school was a great time in my life. Independence without responsibility, what's not to like? I think to an extent I envy him for being ready to go off to college and find himself.

As for the rest of it, I have all kinds of worries about getting his stuff up to school, and I wish we did have a car like my parents did. At least they just loaded up the car and drove up to Buffalo. But, I think it will all work out some way or another. It's just a high stress time. Once we get past that, we'll all adjust to it and probably enjoy the change. I know Jason is very excited about college and I am excited about having more freedom. So, bring it on...ready or not, here we come!

No comments: