Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Three Thoughts

Three quick thoughts for today:

One:

It's Steven Hawking's 66th birthday. Good for him! Hawking is one of the people I admired and hoped to be like when I had cancer. He was given a death sentence many years ago, in the sixties, I think. But he forgot to die, and instead he went on to marry, father children, and become a brilliant scientist.

Two:

At the library I saw a new book titled Kockroach. It's a reversal of the Metamorphosis story where a man turns into a giant cockroach. In this story, the cockroach turns into a man. What a revolting thought. I wonder if that is what was wrong with some of my old dates?

Three:

A 114-year old woman decided to re-register to vote. It's amazing that she is even breathing, let alone lucid enough to vote. Not only that but she lives with her grandson...who is 82. In those days they married young!

No comments: