Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Goals

I would have liked to compare my New Year's goals to the ones I set out last year, and see which ones were accomplished. But it looks like I didn't make any resolutions last year.

For many years I didn't make New Year's resolutions at all. It's true that most people give up on them pretty quickly and return to life as usual. But then I read that people who succeed have written down their goals. That's a pretty good incentive to write them down.

So here's my list:

1. I've been published a number of times in small publications. This year it's time to break into the better-known and better-paid markets.

2. Today I've taken down one of the barriers that stopped me from selling items on Ebay. Now I'm going to learn how to do that and put up some things we just don't need anymore.

3. I bought a Dana NEO today, a word processor that weighs under 2 pounds and can be toted around anywhere I feel like writing. That's going to be my incentive to write more.

4. I'm going to learn to use the digital camera better and take photos to accompany my articles.

5. I'll take a writing class either online or in person. Maybe more than one, but let's say at least one.

6. I write articles about frugal living but then I'm not so sure I'm as frugal as I'd like to be. I'm going to try to save more money but still have an interesting and varied life.

Let's see which of these I'll have accomplished by this time next year.

No comments: