Monday, October 22, 2007

A Link to Guiding Change

A couple of years ago, I heard Deb Howard speak and was impressed with her approach to helping nonprofit organizations change and transform in a positive way. I always thought that the organization I worked for in 2004-2005, the Brooklyn Society for Ethical Culture, could have benefited greatly from her knowledge as it entered a period of intense, painful, and ugly conflict. Possibly some of it could have been averted if they had turned to her rather than to an organization that gave them cookie-cutter solutions that did not differ to any great degree from advice given to similar organizations in crisis.

I've just learned that Ms. Howard has launched a blog so I am including the link here for those who have a stake in a nonprofit organization's peaceful and productive continuity and growth. And no, I don't work for her! http://guidingchange.org/blog/

No comments: